We have partnered with Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) to provide gender affirming bottom surgery to Ontario residents interested in pursuing care with Crane Center (CCTS). The process is streamlined, efficient, and we even have our own staff Torontonian and dedicated OHIP Patient Advisor to help guide you through the process.
Please click here to be redirected to OHIP’s website, which details steps for obtaining surgery with OHIP at CCTS.
Tips and tricks for obtaining coverage:
- Include all possible procedures in the application. if you are unsure if you want to pursue a specific procedure, include it in your coverage request so that you do not need to go back and request an addendum or revision.
- Trans masc: phalloplasty, vaginectomy, glansplasty, scrotoplasty, urethral lengthening, penile prosthesis, testicular implants, integra, wound vac, mechanical compression sleeves
- Trans femme: vaginoplasty, orchiectomy, penectomy, labiaplasty, dilation kit
- Cosmetic procedures are not covered by OHIP (e.g. liposuction or masculinization/feminizing procedures)
- Do not reach out to OHIP directly. Have your local clinical provider submit the application and request any necessary revisions.
- Get your approval letter first before you consult so that the cost of your CCTS consult is covered by OHIP.
- Remember to factor in the exchange rate when making travel plans.